walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Commonedge& seamab hill

Commonedge& seamab hill

Postby Ian Bayne » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:54 pm

Date walked: 08/03/2015

Time taken: 2.2 hours

Distance: 9 km

Ascent: 460m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was a quickie Just me and the two dogs . Dropped the wife off at her work . Then made my way up to Glen Devon . Arrived at 0740 at the carpark then off . No pack just a mars bar and a map . Follow the track up to Glenquey house just past the house their is a track that leads up through Geordies wood stay on the the track to its very end no left or right turns just stay on the track till your out of the woods .
Once out in the open you pick up a grass track that leads you up to commonedge Jake sussed out the only patch of snow on the hillside a couple of snowballs then off a couple of rocks mark the top , you now can pick up the track that weaves over the broad shoulder to seamab a wee bit on the bogey side but not expected after the nights rain and snow melt . On top of seamab there is a cairn but the views up and down the forth valley over to the lomonds braw . Instead of retracing my steps I made my way down to the water works then a quick walk along the road to the carpark time 1020hrs Now back home for a bacon roll and beer.
Attachments
DSCN2839.JPG
DSCN2841.JPG
Innerdownie in background
DSCN2842.JPG
the route up
DSCN2843.JPG
DSCN2845.JPG
Jake enjoying the snow
DSCN2846.JPG
The dogs on Commonedge
DSCN2849.JPG
DSCN2850.JPG
DSCN2852.JPG
DSCN2853.JPG
DSCN2855.JPG
DSCN2857.JPG
DSCN2859.JPG
group photie seamab cairn
DSCN2860.JPG
DSCN2861.JPG
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Re: Commonedge& seamab hill

Postby Eskimo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:16 am

Cracking hills them. In lucky enough to see them every day from my house.

Nice wee jaunt that. Well done. :clap:
Eskimo

Munros:116   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:13   

Re: Commonedge& seamab hill

Postby Ian Bayne » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:00 pm

These are nearly on my doorstep and just as good as any of the big hills . A nice walk when the weather is foul hanx
Eskimo wrote:Cracking hills them. In lucky enough to see them every day from my house.

Nice wee jaunt that. Well done. :clap:
These are nearly on my doorstep and just as good as any of the big hills A nice walk when the weather is foul Hanx
Ian Bayne
Mountain Walker

Munros:184   Corbetts:39
Fionas:13   Donalds:7
Sub 2000:12   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland