walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lochnagar, 5 Munros 32 km circle - Effort rewarded !

Lochnagar, 5 Munros 32 km circle - Effort rewarded !

by Petr Dakota » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:31 am

Route description: White Mounth Munros, Glen Muick

Munros included on this walk: Broad Cairn, Cairn Bannoch, Càrn a' Choire Bhòidheach, Càrn an t-Sagairt Mòr, Lochnagar

Date walked: 08/03/2015

Time taken: 8.33 hours

Distance: 32 km

Ascent: 1547m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Lochnagar, 5 Munros 32 km circle - Effort rewarded !

Postby Petr Dakota » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:05 pm

baggervance wrote:Hi Petr

Nice report. I have been debating whether I could do this in a day mainly because, like you, I would want to drive up and back in a day from the Motherwell area. You have just shown me it can be done :clap: :clap:

I was thinking about adding the Corbett - Connachcraig as the Lochnagar plateau looks like reasonably easy walking so should have enough gas in the tank to complete a 5+1 :shock: :D

cheers

BV

Thanks BV :) Glad that it's usefull for your plan...It can be done, daylight is longer now and the weather getting better too. Good idea to make it 5+1 with the Corbett, I was almost there - very near in my extra miles - unexpected bonus route :D Why I did not think about the Corbett :roll: :lol: :wink:
Enjoy when you will be there :)
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:28
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:12   Islands:1

Postby Petr Dakota » Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:14 pm

cmarcol wrote:Martin lies! At no point did we get weather good enough for photos like yours! It was a miserable day!

Lochnagar is my favourite hill. Love your photos and agree Loch Muick is never ending. You know your car is at those trees and those trees just don't seem to get any closer! Great effort!

Cat

Thanks, glad you love it. :) Very true...you see the small forest from distance, you know the car is there ( or you hope that :lol: ) ...and after a time is still so far away... :crazy: :D
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby Petr Dakota » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:28 am

6.JPG
DSCF0580.JPG
DSCF0577.JPG
DSCF0590.JPG
DSCF0587.JPG
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby Petr Dakota » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:04 pm

Happyfeet wrote::clap: another super walk. Loved the stag, what a stunner! Excellent summit shots and loved the more wordy report, super Petr!
And yes guys, Petr is super fast, have seen him in action (overtaking me :shock: ).....sigh

Thank you :) Just added another pic of the Deer :wink:
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby The Rodmiester » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Petr a classic route there, decisions decisions, glad the weather improved for you. You have not added Connacraig the Corbett on your report, just a wee up and down. I'm hoping to do these from MY SIDE Glen Doll add a few miles but pick a good day think I'll make it. Broadcairn is my most climbed Munro always from the Angus side of course. Good Effort my man :clap: :clap:
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Petr Dakota » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:02 am

The Rodmiester wrote:Hi Petr a classic route there, decisions decisions, glad the weather improved for you. You have not added Connacraig the Corbett on your report, just a wee up and down. I'm hoping to do these from MY SIDE Glen Doll add a few miles but pick a good day think I'll make it. Broadcairn is my most climbed Munro always from the Angus side of course. Good Effort my man :clap: :clap:

Hi Rod and thank you :) i always appreciate your comments :wink:
My lost about the Corbett...I was concentrated concerning the 5 munros that I did not realise the Corbett there...even as in my case I was going the extra miles very close to the Corbett - but in the time misty and hills around the path was not visible... :lol: I must remember that for next :lol: :lol:
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby Rogerjones » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:33 pm

Hi Petr. These five and others were on my list to do in May. Obviously that went by the board some weeks ago so it is great to read your report and view the photos. It is always great to read your reports and watch your excellent videos. We seem to have similar tastes in music and you have introduced me to some new artists. Not quite the same as hill walking in person but it goes a long way to filling a gap. Very many thanks. Stay safe.
Rogerjones
Munro compleatist

Munros:69   

Postby R1ggered » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:25 pm

:clap: :clap:
R1ggered
Mountain Walker

Munros:175   

Postby Petr Dakota » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Rogerjones wrote:Hi Petr. These five and others were on my list to do in May. Obviously that went by the board some weeks ago so it is great to read your report and view the photos. It is always great to read your reports and watch your excellent videos. We seem to have similar tastes in music and you have introduced me to some new artists. Not quite the same as hill walking in person but it goes a long way to filling a gap. Very many thanks. Stay safe.

Thank you very much for your kind words, really appreciated and glad that my reports & videos can be useful.
Hope you ( we all ) will manage to get out in the hills this year, big hope for Autumn...maybe.
Take care & stay safe too.
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby Petr Dakota » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 pm

R1ggered wrote::clap: :clap:

Thank you :D
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

16 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland