walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Cruachan & Stob Diamh

Ben Cruachan & Stob Diamh

by Alan S » Sun May 30, 2010 10:16 pm

Route description: Ben Cruachan and Stob Daimh

Munros included on this walk: Ben Cruachan, Stob Daimh

Date walked: 30/05/2010

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1376m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Ben Cruachan & Stob Diamh

Postby gammy leg walker » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:08 pm

JB likes a beer wrote:alrite mate,good report feels like im there again reading that and looking at your photos :D ,i only wore that t-shirt cause thats the only one i could squeeze into,must cut out the beer at weekend and do more of this stuff :lol:

Wot and change the habit of a life time m8 :lol:
gammy leg walker
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:7
Fionas:4   Donalds:3+0
Sub 2000:2   
Islands:7
Walk wish-list

Postby icemandan » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

That was one of my first ever highland hillwalks with the Dundee University Rucsack club in 1985. It was a sunny autumn day, there was a temperature inversion. A golden Loch Awe snaked away in the haze and Lui, Ben More (Mull), Ben Lomond and many others stood out pin sharp like icebergs. I was hooked. So hooked that, when, on the next meet we did Am Faochagach in a pea souper and the wheel fell off the minibus on the way home, I wasn't put off.

Thanks for bringing back some memories on a dismal wet day in the Lakes.
icemandan
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:26
Fionas:13   Donalds:14
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:199
Wainwrights:214   Islands:33

Postby Alan S » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:29 pm

JB likes a beer wrote:,must cut out the beer at weekend and do more of this stuff :lol:

Aye right al crack the jokes :)

Graeme Dewar wrote:Did the guy have dogs with him

Thanks Graeme, he was on his own but there was a guy that caught up with us on stob diamh and he had 2 dogs :shock:

icemandan wrote:Thanks for bringing back some memories on a dismal wet day in the Lakes.

Cheers icemandan this will go down as one of my favouites too 8)
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland