walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mothers Day walk around Loch Leven

Mothers Day walk around Loch Leven

Postby tibo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 pm

Route description: Loch Leven Heritage Trail, Kinross

Date walked: 15/03/2015

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 19.25 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Still trying to get us all on board to train for West Highland Way this summer. Rather than my usual lovely mothers day of being spoilt with sitting by the fire reading whilst all run around me for the day making me breakfast, lunch and dinner- I decide that we should do our monthly planned training walk today, especially as kids are busy with their lives of Uni/school/friends etc. Thus we can kill two birds with one stone (metaphorically speaking of course as todays walk is around a RSPB bird sanctuary !). :lol:

As usual all smiles at the start! :D
P1090891.jpg

A few grumbles start to kick in- Kiran fed up at borrowing his dads clothes for the walk- not trendy enough! :problem:
P1090894.jpg

Blisters starting up for Kim as she is using my old walking boots! We need to get them to get them to the shops to equip them at some point soon. :(
P1090906.jpg

Despite all this not a single moan! It must be Mothers Day! We enjoy some beautiful scenery despite the dull weather. At least its dry. :clap:
P1090900_edited-1.jpg

P1090902_edited-1.jpg

P1090912_edited-1.jpg

A quick lunch stop
P1090907.jpg

Its a long walk at a fast pace
P1090917_edited-1.jpg

It starts to get difficult! :(
P1090921_edited-1.jpg

P1090924.jpg

Despite the aches kicking in we speed along, keeping positive and enjoying the wildlife and the signs of spring.

P1090929.jpg

P1090934_edited-1.jpg

P1090931_edited-1.jpg

The last stages of the walk involve a caring big brother and the sun peeking out of the clouds. 8)
P1090932.jpg

P1090937_edited-1.jpg

P1090940.jpg

Nearly 20Km and 4 hours later a well deserved wine/steak pie and afternoon tea at Loch Leven's larder and kids catching up on their phones as usual!!! :crazy:
P1090943.jpg

P1090950_edited-1.jpg

Have had a lovely Mothers Day. Thanks to all. X :clap: :D
tibo
Bird-watcher

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland