walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Creag Meagaidh circuit - silence in the Mountais

Creag Meagaidh circuit - silence in the Mountais

by Petr Dakota » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:56 am

Route description: Creag Meagaidh circuit

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Liath (Creag Meagaidh), Creag Meagaidh, Stob Poite Coire Àrdair

Date walked: 18/03/2015

Time taken: 6.22 hours

Distance: 21.53 km

Ascent: 1322m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Creag Meagaidh circuit - silence in the Mountais

Postby Petr Dakota » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:03 pm

The Rodmiester wrote:Fabulous photographs there Petr, some hairy snow gradients done there, take care. Trust you had crampons on! :crazy: :crazy:

Thanks Rod :) Crampons in...my rucksack :crazy: :lol: tried the descent without...not sure if just lazy...or ready to slide down more safely without crampons = without any injury ( from crampons ) :roll: :D Good feelings I had them in my rucksack atleast ( joking ) :lol: :lol: in case of emergency...sometime just want to know what i am able to do :roll: :crazy: But in case of sliding down, there was a big smooth landing place in bottom :lol: ...but I heard the sound of my Heartbeat...better to use them next time ! :wink:
Last edited by Petr Dakota on Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:28
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:12   Islands:1

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Fabulous photos, looks amazing, another place I want to visit this year so thanks for sharing :)
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

Postby davetherave » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:46 pm

Fabulous report Petr. Your pictures a fantastic, some classic winter shots you captured .

I'm with Rodmiester about the crampons... P's ... I never spotted an ice axe attached to your rucksac?

All the best Dave.
davetherave

Munros:220   Corbetts:88
Fionas:26   Donalds:5

Postby Petr Dakota » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:56 am

Huff_n_Puff wrote:Fabulous photos, looks amazing, another place I want to visit this year so thanks for sharing :)

Thank you :) Enjoy your trip there this year
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby Petr Dakota » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:17 am

davetherave wrote:Fabulous report Petr. Your pictures a fantastic, some classic winter shots you captured .

I'm with Rodmiester about the crampons... P's ... I never spotted an ice axe attached to your rucksac?

All the best Dave.

Thank you Dave :) Glad you like the photos...big thanks belong to the weather for it :wink:
I agree about the crampons. Usually i am using crampons for this condition, just sometime ( if the condition and area around allowes ) want to try the possibillities without and get another experiences which can be useful in some unexpectable situations in the future :wink:
P.S. My ice axe is attached to my rucksack, but is not visible because the ice axe is on left side, but you can see only the right side on the photos :) :wink:
DSCF0576.JPG
here is the ice axe - attached to rucksack - on the left side ( photo from Lochnagar )
DSCF0488.JPG
...and here ice axe and crampons in use ( photo from Arrochar Alps )
:)
All the best to you too, have a good and safe time always in the mountains.
Petr
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Postby Mountainlove » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Lol don't think winter is over...we could still be in for some heavy snow...although I would prefer spring now as well...nothing better than wild camping without freezing your toes off and sunshine after 7pm :-)
Mountainlove
Munro compleatist

Munros:90   Corbetts:54
Fionas:7   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:3   
Islands:10

Postby Petr Dakota » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:35 pm

Mountainlove wrote:Lol don't think winter is over...we could still be in for some heavy snow...although I would prefer spring now as well...nothing better than wild camping without freezing your toes off and sunshine after 7pm :-)

Exactly ! :D that¨s what I said in my previous report, despite the winter finished by callendar we will still enjoy the snowy conditions in mountais probably until june - some tops all year :lol: :wink: Can't miss the snow, atleast for refreshing :D
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

14 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland