walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Millstone Hill in the sunshine!

Millstone Hill in the sunshine!

Postby KatTai » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:17 pm

Route description: Millstone Hill, near Bennachie

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Millstone Hill

Date walked: 25/03/2015

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Took the dogs up to Millstone Hill today, forecast was for sunshine and cloud but cold so I packed my jumper in my bag just in case, where it stayed the whole trip! A warning to anyone else going to the Donview bit - the toilets are not open at the moment! Not fun when two dogs howl to anyone that listens that their human is going toilet in the woods...

It didn't start we'll, I was using my in-car charger to charge my camera battery...and that was where I left the battery when I set off carrying a useless camera with no battery in it! So I went back for the battery and then we tried again this time with no more delays and I could start taking photos!

The dogs had great fun running around and Fly even decided she would like to join one of the people running the route after we stopped to let him passed, and was disappointed to be promptly called back to my walking pace. We did start heading for Mither Tap, but the cloud had came over and I decided just to head back up Millstone Hill and down the other side into the sunshine.

2.jpg
Heading up the steps

6.jpg
Dogs at the top of Millstone Hill

8.jpg
Fly waiting to get a move on

13.jpg
Boardwalk thing over the boggy areas, or for the dogs something to try and push each other off...

17.jpg
This was the most snow we saw...after driving over the Cairn O Mont where there was quite a bit of it I think the dogs were a bit disappointed!
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

Re: Millstone Hill in the sunshine!

Postby larry groo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 pm

Bonnie wee dogs and a fine local hill!

:clap:
larry groo

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:14 pm

Our dogs enjoyed this hill too, great to see yours enjoying themselves :D
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

Postby Gordie12 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Nice wee hill this with great views nearer the summit.
Gordie12
Wanderer

Munros:114   Corbetts:65
Fionas:30   Donalds:38+0
Sub 2000:35   Hewitts:37
Wainwrights:32   

Postby KatTai » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Yeah, was disappointed not to get Mither Tap in the sunshine for a photo with my wide angle lense, waited around but the most I got was a tiny patch of sun halfway up! But it is one of our favourite places where the dogs can usually have a good run around so I'm sure there will be more chances!
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:53   
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland