walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Walk Report of the Month

Walk Report of the Month

Postby Paul Webster » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:21 pm

Date walked: 01/06/2010

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Another busy month.... another record entry and Walkhighlands traffic :D

Thanks to everyone who has written a report; lots of new people this month which is great to see too. Alot of the recent winners have won with some great photography, but this month's winner didn't even remember their camera....

Lots of you enjoyed MG1976's report from his ascent of Schiehallion with 3 year old Chase. They win £40 of vouchers courtesy of TISO.

There's still no prize for pic of the month (yet!), but with May seeing all sorts of weather we especially liked Maddjock's atmospheric shot descending from An Socach to a Mullardoch camp:
Paul Webster
Site Admin
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:71   Donalds:45+17
Sub 2000:121   Hewitts:133
Wainwrights:135   Islands:92
Walk wish-list

Re: Walk Report of the Month

Postby Alan S » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:19 pm

Well done MG top report :thumbup:
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby Mrs T » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Congratulations MG! A truly deserving winner, got quite emotional reading the report...
Mrs T
Munro compleatist

Munros:246   Corbetts:17
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:12

Postby maddjock » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:57 pm

yeah... fantastic report MG... very well written and emotive... well done...

(hmm nice pic there too... :D )
maddjock
Hill Bagger

Postby skuk007 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Well done MG, cracking report, great fun to read. :)
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby MG1976 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:47 pm

On behalf of myself and my little Munro bagger, I would like to thank everyone who has read/posted comments on my last walk report. We had an amazing day out on Shiehallion.

The people we met, chatted to and laughed with (about stealing a 3 years olds chocolate supply), will also be remembered fondly. They were as much responsible for making our day what it was.

I would be the first to admit that, as a useful aid to other walkers, our report is a million miles from some of the wonderful reports found on here. I often read excellent reports, packed full with route advice and helpful pointers not found in even the best of the guide books.

I guess my report was taken for what it was: a light hearted little story about a proud daddy & his little boy.
Being awarded "report of the month" is an extra special bonus and, like all the replies & comments received, is graciously accepted.
Thanks again,
Martin & Chase Gilmour
:thumbup: :thumbup:
MG1976
Mountain Walker

Corbetts:5
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland