walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Blackcraig, Blacklorg, Cannock Hill and Craigbraneoch

Blackcraig, Blacklorg, Cannock Hill and Craigbraneoch

Postby Johnoneill1916 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Grahams included on this walk: Blackcraig Hill

Donalds included on this walk: Blackcraig Hill, Blacklorg Hill

Date walked: 05/04/2015

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 15 km

Ascent: 691m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Wasnt too optimistic about the weather leaving the house this morning but the smirry rain and fog cleared into a cracking day by the time I got to Mauchline. Met up with my pal at New Cumnock and headed up in the one car due to limited parking space at Blackcraig Farm. Headed off through the farm and up to the track to Quintin Knowe Cairn. Started to get a bit boggy near the cairn but nothing major. Headed up the lightly worn path along the fence line just before the cairn and up towards the summit. A couple of good snow patches also kept the dogs amused :lol: From the trig it was more or less a bee line from here to Blacklorg with some more (and slightly worse) boggy ground on the low lying area between the 2 hills. A wee coffee break later and it was onto Cannock Hill then to Craigbraneoch. The descent from here was pretty steep in parts as we made our way down to the track below and back round to the car :o

P1190641.JPG

John at Blackcraig Trig

P1190655.JPG

Me at Blackcraig Trig

P1190665.JPG

Daftarse enjoying the view

P1190698.JPG

Wee coffee break at Blacklorg

P1190708.JPG

John at Cannock Hill

P1190710.JPG

Me at Cannock Hill
Johnoneill1916
Bird-watcher

Munros:11   Corbetts:3
Grahams:5   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:11   
Islands:7

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland