walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Easter stroll!!

Easter stroll!!

Postby Oosky84 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Route description: Beinn a' Bhuird

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a'Bhuird

Date walked: 05/04/2015

Time taken: 8.5 hours

Distance: 28 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

My partner and I (and Charlie the lurcher) decided to spend our Easter Sunday in Braemar to roll our eggs with no intention of climbing any munros (this is what he told me anyway!)

We headed to the Linn o Dee car park for our usual walk but decided on this occasion (and the fact that the weather was in our favour) to adventure further to the next car park.

The weather was amazing but there was still a fair bit of snow on some of the higher peaks.

We could see Beinn a' Bhuird in the distance and decided to keep going. We had all our equipment and we couldn't miss the opportunity with the weather. We had never climbed Beinn a' Bhuird before but it was one of the munros my partner was desperate to bag.

The walk took us around 8 1/2 hours there and back and we got some fantastic photos across the Cairngorm mountains, it was spectacular.

The route to the summit is fairly clear most of the way up but a bit of navigation is required nearer the top.

Although it was a long walk in and long climb up, the 3 of us loved it and it is definitely a favourite so far.
Attachments
charlie 2.jpg
Charlie looking over to his future munros!
Oosky84
Walker

Munros:40   Corbetts:2
Grahams:1   

Re: Easter stroll!!

Postby PerthAlly » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:55 pm

Well done. Long day for you :)

Cracking weather yesterday 8)
PerthAlly
Walker

Munros:128   Corbetts:14
Grahams:1   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:3   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland