walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Ledi - That blew the cobwebs away

Ben Ledi - That blew the cobwebs away

Postby Jockstar » Fri May 22, 2015 10:14 am

Route description: Ben Ledi

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Ledi

Date walked: 21/05/2015

Time taken: 4.5 hours

Distance: 10 km

Ascent: 760m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I am still on my quest of getting my fitness up to a level which means that I enjoy my walk rather than the pressure put on by me to get the job done as quickly as possible. With this in mind I arrived at the bridge and parked the car just a wee bit from the bridge. There is a large board welcoming you to Ben Ledi. I followed the path for some distance knowing that I was going away from the hill. This led me to have a counter plan and that was through forestation where you I could hope to pick up the path further up. However Ruby- my border terrier and me walked on and upwards and it was clear that there was a lot of activity with mountain biking but luckily no one was about today. Coming out of the forest you could see clearly on the skyline where I should have been as the ‘ridge line’ was very clear. So I made the decision to go straight up. It was quite steep and a lot of logging had taken place but we eventually met up with the path. From there it was a steady walk upwards and we were soon at the top. The wind had got up and the clag descended (thinking of Wullie Duncan ). I had hoped to do Ben Vane on the same walk but the steepness of getting to Ben Ledi had done me in. Still i will keep Benvane for another day.
Jockstar
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Ben Ledi - That blew the cobwebs away

Postby rockhopper » Fri May 22, 2015 12:41 pm

Good to see you back out and about again :thumbup:

At least the clag descended at the end - so often it's the other way round :roll:

Wondered if you could tell me if there's still snow at the 800m - 900m level up that way please ? - cheers :)
rockhopper

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:136   Donalds:89+20
Sub 2000:16   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:3   Islands:20

Re: Ben Ledi - That blew the cobwebs away

Postby Jockstar » Tue May 26, 2015 1:27 pm

very little snow......only a bit near the top but nothing to worry about. Sorry but no picks as I've just realised that
the website will only take small size photos. !!!! Am on the case to get smaller pixels. changed days from a few years ago!!
Jockstar
Munro compleatist

Munros:53   Corbetts:6
Fionas:1   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland