walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

John Muir Way

John Muir Way

Postby RiverSong » Sat May 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Route description: South Queensferry to Edinburgh

Date walked: 19/04/2020

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 5 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

x
Last edited by RiverSong on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RiverSong
Walker

Re: My Daily Walk - The Local Park / John Muir Way

Postby RiverSong » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:14 pm

My Daily Walk / John Muir Way
RiverSong
Walker

Postby RiverSong » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:16 pm

My Daily Walk / John Muir Way
RiverSong
Walker

Postby MrsOrr » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:24 pm

First bird is a Wren, beautiful song they have, second bird is a Goldfinch which, until about 5 years ago, I didn't know existed, now I see them everywhere!
MrsOrr
Bird-watcher

Postby RiverSong » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:50 pm

MrsOrr wrote:First bird is a Wren, beautiful song they have, second bird is a Goldfinch which, until about 5 years ago, I didn't know existed, now I see them everywhere!

Thanks for the ID, i didnt know that was a wren, they do have a beautiful song. Funny, I'd never seen a goldfinch either but now i see them all the time, in fact im sure i saw a flock of them yesterday, about five or six all flying around. Nature is certainly taking advantage of the fact that humans are staying indoors just now.

Regarding the John Muir Way - looking back over my report and photos I've realised it isnt really much help to anyone walking this section of the way. Next week i will go back and do the walk again and print some better photos which show the actual direction of the walk as it goes through the park.
RiverSong
Walker

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland