walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Largo Law

Largo Law

Postby quagga64 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:42 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Largo Law

Date walked: 11/06/2015

Time taken: 1.3 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Climbed while on holiday at the caravan at Shell Bay. I,d been to the Scottish Deer Centre near Cupar and then had wee walks around Silverburn Park and Letham Glen, the evening was still nice and sunny so I decided to squeeze in Largo Law as well. Parked up in between the School and the Church at Upper Largo at 7:10 p.m. and headed off along a signposted path, it was straightforward enough, the path climbed steadily past a private house and then round the back of a farm before turning to face the hill and after another short stretch the climb proper began. It was just a case of straight up and although it was a fairly short climb it was very steep. soon I was at the top only to find this was,nt the true summit first I had to go down ito a big dip and back up the other side to reach the trig point at 965 feet. Great views of the whole Neuk of Fife and out to the Isle of May, the Bass Rock and North Berwick Law and the Pentlands on the opposite side of The Forth. it was fairly windy at the top and at times I had to hold my straw sun hat on that I,d bought to stop my face and head getting any more sunburnt after getting roasted the day before doing the Fife Coastal Path. After spending 20 minutes at the top taking photos and admiring the view I headed back down the same way I,d came up. Was back at the car around 8:40 so all in only about an hour and a half.
Attachments
rsz_1014.jpg
On top of Largo Law
quagga64

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland