walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Lawers 7

Lawers 7

Postby mark w » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:03 am

Munros included on this walk: An Stùc, Beinn Ghlas, Ben Lawers, Meall a' Choire Lèith, Meall Corranaich, Meall Garbh (Ben Lawers), Meall Greigh

Date walked: 13/06/2010

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 24 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx

Hi,
As part of our 10 Munro weekend (we bagged Ben Vorlich, Stuc a' Chroin and Meall nan Tarmachan on the Saturday) we were going for the Lawers 7 today, Sunday.

Myself and m16 kra used 2 cars, 1 parked at the Lawers hotel at the end of the walk where we had a great meal at the end of our day (I recommend the Lawers special) and the other car in a small carpark at the start marked on map.

We started our walk around 9am, The weather wasn't looking good there was less than 10% chance of a cloud free Munro according to MWIS. It was full waterproofs from the start as we left the carpark and headed up to Meall a' Choire Leith. This part of the walk was over rough ground not following any path but using my trusty GPS we got to the summit.
DSCN3334.JPG

The path from here right to the end of the walk is ok but does fade away in places. We also left the path and took a shortcut up to Beinn Ghlas and rejioned the Ben Lawers path again. The weather didn't improve at all so we walked all day in cloud/mist and the odd heavy rain shower so the camera only came out for summit photos.
DSCN3336.JPG

DSCN3338.JPG

DSCN3339.JPG

DSCN3343.JPG

DSCN3345.JPG

DSCN3347.JPG

My GPS clocked the walk at 15 miles from start to finish and a further 9 miles along the road in the car from the Lawers hotel to our start point if anyone fancys a round trip.
Bring on the next bagging weekend, can't wait.
mark w
Mountain Walker

Munros:73   Corbetts:3
Sub 2000:2   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Re: Lawers 7

Postby danrun » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:31 pm

good effort weldone. pity bout weather tho... :lol:
danrun
Hill Bagger

Munros:107   Corbetts:12
Fionas:4   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:5   

Re: Lawers 7

Postby monty » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:53 pm

Good report Mark,
Thats a good effort to do the 7. Shame about the weather though hahaha
monty

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland