walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Our First Munro and Apparently a Common View from the Summit

Our First Munro and Apparently a Common View from the Summit

by sross » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:44 pm

Route description: Ben Wyvis, near Garve

Munros included on this walk: Ben Wyvis

Date walked: 26/06/2015

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 14 km

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Our First Munro and Apparently a Common View from the Su

Postby sross » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:20 am

ancancha wrote:Congratulations on your first Munro :clap:

Interestingly it took me a couple of goes to do Ben Wyvis at the end of April, met your runner training on the staircase on the first attempt

Was so looking forward to views of the Moray coast where I was brought up, sais la vie :(

Sorry to have tagged onto your report, hope is Okay :?:

Ancancha, thanks for tagging on and sharing your pictures, I had very few, but I do recall those stairs well!

Fortunately, almost all our other walks and hills were done in the sun, so we got over the lack of a view. The one thing about holidays like this, we haven't had any family members ask to go on holiday with us-which is odd because most like to travel in herds-just now ours, I don't know why.
sross
Mountaineer

Munros:2   Corbetts:2
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:2   

8 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland