walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Narnain slight route varriation

Beinn Narnain slight route varriation

Postby jonny616 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:30 am

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 19/06/2010

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 915m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

When do we start paying the ultimate price for all this lovely weather?

Out with my son & two friends in the direction of Arrochar. First target Narnain, which i have done before but the others not.

Took the Cobbler path to just below the stream running off Narnain that feeds the allt a bhalachian. Then cut straight up through the Narnain boulders to the ridge just below the spearhead.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_2604.JPG

Its steeper than it looks from the Cobbler path, but perfectly managable & good fun getting through & around the boulders.
IMG_2606.JPG
Nearly at the ridge

Then you pick up the path to the summit.
IMG_2615.JPG
Spearhead
IMG_2616.JPG
Through the gully
IMG_2621.JPG
Narnain summit with Ime behind

From there headed down to bealach a mhain. Then Jack & i headed down the path to the car whilst the other two headed up & over the Cobbler.

A great day with lovely weather, took our time with the heat & another munro bagged for Jack.
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Re: Beinn Narnain slight route varriation

Postby Alan S » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Some nice pics there jonny i never seen a thing from this one :)
Getting very jealous of all these good weather reports it will probably **** down when i get out next :D
Alan S
Mountain Walker

Munros:216   Corbetts:4
Fionas:4   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:4   
Islands:13
Walk wish-list

Postby jonny616 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:24 am

alan s wrote:Some nice pics there jonny i never seen a thing from this one :)
Getting very jealous of all these good weather reports it will probably **** down when i get out next :D

We have to pay sometime, but hopefully not this saturday i'm off to the Cruachan.
jonny616
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:14
Fionas:2   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:17
Wainwrights:8   Islands:8

Postby mountain coward » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:27 am

We shouldn't have to pay a price for 'all this lovely weather' as it's what summer should (and used to be) like! Great pics there - I've thought about taking that route up next time as the first bit of Narnain's ridge was fairly boring before that bit really and the route we took up to the ridge had nothing to recommend it really...
mountain coward

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland