walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgorr Ruadh & Beinn Liath Mhor

Sgorr Ruadh & Beinn Liath Mhor

Postby Louise993 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:03 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Liath Mhor, Sgorr Ruadh

Date walked: 21/06/2015

Time taken: 10.25 hours

Distance: 20 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Jim, Jim Anne, Murray and I set off from the Toridon youth hostel.

Weather was not looking good all with drizzly rain on and off most of the morning.

Anne decided to turn back just as we were approaching the bealach which had taken us a very long time, think it had taken us 2 and half hours to just get to the end of the path before heading up to the bealach.

The 2nd munro was a little precarious with a bit more scrambling than i had expected , with poor visibility it was a slow day.

We decided to drop down ( as you can see from the map below) rather than going all the way back the way we had came.

I reckon this had shaved a good time off our descent and it was not treacherous at all, pretty safe way to come down actually.

However i was way of on the timings, the night before i had a rough calculation of 7 and a half hours but as you can see it took us 10hrs 25 mins .
Attachments

Move_2015_06_21_10_53_10_Mountaineering.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Louise993
Walker

Munros:214   Corbetts:6
Grahams:1   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is now advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland