walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Skye with Dad, nailing the Pin In

Skye with Dad, nailing the Pin In

by Beaner001 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Munros included on this walk: Am Basteir, Inaccessible Pinnacle, Sgùrr Mhic Chòinnich, Sgùrr nan Gillean

Date walked: 02/07/2015

Time taken: 18 hours

Distance: 23 km

Ascent: 2442m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Skye with Dad, nailing the Pin In

Postby Beaner001 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:26 am

kmai1961 wrote:Awesome report, with some really great pics of you and your dad together. Well done to both generations of Beaner! :)

You guys got the (really scary) ones done that we-all didn't get to in May...

Karen

Hi Karen, WH is strange in that I've never met you guys but I felt the need to ask Paddy if he remembered guiding you guys as I'd read all your reports, short answer he did and it was a pleasure according to him :D

teaandpies wrote:I can't wait to do this.

Nice report.

Don't wait, do it you'll love it

SecretSquirrel wrote:Excellent report. Good to see the weather cleared for you and your dad climbing the In-Pin.
Great pics and a day to remember! :clap: :clap:

Cheers, it's one I'll never forget that's for sure :D

ancancha wrote:Proper mountaineering :!:
Great report and photos.
A happy achievement for both of you :clap:

Cheers

The Rodmiester wrote:Nothing quite like the Cuillin, superb photograph of you and your Dad, Mathew worth framing? Now for the rest!

Never thought of framing it, thanks for the idea of an bday preside for him Rod :lol:

SAVAGEALICE wrote:Great stuff :clap: Glad you got some views :D some nice pics there

Cheers Alice, me too :D

Petr Dakota wrote:Great ! :clap: :clap: :clap:
glad that you had some views for the effort...and nice to see done by two generation :clap: :D :clap: Well done :clap:

Yeh Petr it was a pleasure to get these done with the old man :wink: cheers

Silverhill wrote:Well done to both of you! 8) :clap:
This is very informative. I’ve got a trip to Skye planned in August (eeks!). I think I will be losing some sleep now. :lol:

You'll be fine, fingers crossed for good weather, or very least no wind and dry rock. You'll have a great time :D

Wanderlust7 wrote:Great report well done to you both, it looked a magnificent outing.

Alteknacker wrote:Great report, great pics, totally wonderful place :clap: :clap: :clap: Can't wait to get up there again this year.

Yeah I'm gonna try go there once a year now. That was only the second time I'd been and there's more to Skye than Munros..........there's Corbetts and Graham's too :lol: :lol:

martin.h wrote:Excellent stuff Matthew and well done Dad.
What fantastic weather for a brilliant experience. We're looking to have a go at some of the Munros on Skye next year and hoping to use Paddy, fingers crossed.
It looks brilliant on those mountains.
Thanks.

Book him ASAP Marts, he really added to the experience, he spoke about the rock formations and the islands history etc more than just a mountain guide :D :clap:

spiderwebb wrote:Well done Matt and dad :clap: but wait a minute no Roy and Lochy :lol: bet they wondered why they got left at home, but safer for sure.
So next time the Inn Pinn from the short side ? :D

Aye the muppets were left at home Dave, I got the cold shoulder for a day on my return, they musta known I was away on the hills as they saw me unloading my gear :lol:
I'd certainly like to do it again but would I get that lucky with the weather again? I kinda want to remember it for that day so may just leave it. Now Pinnacle Ridge is something I'd love to go back for...........

pollyh33 wrote:Another brilliant report Matt.

I still have those two scary beasts to do, so your report was really helpful and encouraging- thanks!

Can I ask - was the In Pinn your 150th?

Pleased to say it was mine and in fantastic sunshine like you also.

Hi Polly, yes it was, I forgot to mention it in my report but can guarantee I thought about it at the time, I was over the moon when Paddy said we'd go for Mhic Choinnich first :lol: :lol:
Think we're two in only a handful that get that lucky, paddy said that's the best weather he's had on the Pin this year to date and that there's sometimes queues at the base :shock:

rockhopper wrote:Excellent - well done both of you ! :clap:
Good to hear you had a great time with Paddy - he guided three other guys and me round the Cuillin a couple of years back - cracking week and he was great - cheers :)

I read your TR mate, classic as per! I concur he's a great guide, he was saying he only plans on doing it a few more years, Skye will be a worse off place without him guiding, sure he'll keep up his mountain rescue role etc though......
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby Collaciotach » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:27 pm

S'math a rinn sibh ....well done :clap: :clap:

Good to see that chimney up Gillean , reckoned I could scale without a rope , no so sure I'd get back down mind :D
Collaciotach
Mountain Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:219
Fionas:47   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:27   
Islands:30

Postby roughwalker » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Excellent stuff :clap: :clap: :D
roughwalker
Mountaineer

Munros:61   Corbetts:12
Fionas:6   Donalds:5
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:29
Wainwrights:37   

Postby dogplodder » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:54 pm

Been off line for a week and come back to read this - brilliant! :D
dogplodder

Munros:242   Corbetts:74
Fionas:26   
Sub 2000:32   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:9   Islands:24

Postby Beaner001 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:43 am

Collaciotach wrote:S'math a rinn sibh ....well done :clap: :clap:

Good to see that chimney up Gillean , reckoned I could scale without a rope , no so sure I'd get back down mind :D

Yeah you'd manage up without rope ok Colla, I'd prob not go down without one but I'm still getting to grips with this scrambling malarkey :lol:

roughwalker wrote:Excellent stuff :clap: :clap: :D

Cheers :D

dogplodder wrote:Been off line for a week and come back to read this - brilliant! :D

Thanks DP, when you giving it a shot?
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

23 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland