walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Mount Battock - Great Day Out!

Mount Battock - Great Day Out!

Postby Sean0510 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:29 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Mount Battock

Date walked: 18/07/2015

Time taken: 3.5 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 778m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

So after a rather lengthy break from the hills, I have gotten back into it :) My aim when I started hillwalking was to make it to the summit of Ben Nevis... the great news is that I'll be attempting it next month :)

Anyway, I figured a nice Corbett was the way back into it, so myself and my partner headed towards it and braced ourselves for the challenge ahead.

Sadly, the photo's don't do the fantastic walk justice. My camera is a little broken but I did my best with what I had. I'll be sure to get a new one before heading up the big one!

Was such a good day today, I was surprised at the steepness of the climb at cetain points, but was fantastic. Only came across one other person on the walk so a very quiet day. Defintely recommend this walk to anyone of any level :) There are several ways to head back down, but we went down the exact same way.

Attached some photos of the day. They are in order but some were taken on the way back down. Sorry again for the quality.

Sean0510
Mountain Walker

Munros:4   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland