walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Knoydart and the Rough Bounds day 5 - a nice gentle day

Knoydart and the Rough Bounds day 5 - a nice gentle day

by mrssanta » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Date walked: 07/07/2015

Time taken: 4.2 hours

Distance: 10.3 km

Ascent: 500m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Knoydart and the Rough Bounds day 5 - a nice gentle day

Postby johnkaysleftleg » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Just finished reading all five days, what an epic! Some beautiful photos and a really enjoyable set of reports. Very inspiring :clap: :clap:
johnkaysleftleg
Hill Bagger

Munros:25   Corbetts:11
Fionas:11   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:8

Postby mrssanta » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:30 am

johnkaysleftleg wrote:Just finished reading all five days, what an epic! Some beautiful photos and a really enjoyable set of reports. Very inspiring :clap: :clap:

Thanks JKLL. We were very lucky with the weather I think all told.
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

Postby AnnieMacD » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:09 pm

Just read all of these in one sitting - absolutely fantastic trip and write-up with some stunning photos. But I'm sure the memories are what will stay with you for ever. I would love to do the Knoydart hills but for now I'll just be satisfied with doing them vicariously through you! Thanks for the great reports.
AnnieMacD
Mountaineer

Munros:25   Corbetts:15
Fionas:13   
Sub 2000:8   

Postby mrssanta » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:04 pm

simon-b wrote:An excellent way to do these hills. 5 really memorable days, and it seems like you got spells of decent weather for some of the best bits. A great achievement by both of you.

I met Tony at Kinlochhorn in May. Although it feels a very isolated spot, I am sure he has met plenty of people who have had adventures. When I was there he was helping out someone who had fallen into a raging burn and lost his rucksack and equipment. It's nice to know your adventures were more successful!

Tony was a great source of stories and kept us well entertained as well as looking after us like royalty!
gammy leg walker wrote:I can only dream of walking 3/4/5 days on the trot truly epic

Thanks Gammy. But at least you keep at it despite your leg misfortunes, which is impressive. I sometimes get a dodgy hip but it never troubled me a bit on this trip. tends to be worse if I have not been out for a while!

AnnieMacD wrote:Just read all of these in one sitting - absolutely fantastic trip and write-up with some stunning photos. But I'm sure the memories are what will stay with you for ever. I would love to do the Knoydart hills but for now I'll just be satisfied with doing them vicariously through you! Thanks for the great reports.

thanks Annie. living a long way away means we need to do trips like this, then we are completely exhausted afterwards!!
mrssanta
Mountain Walker

Munros:281   Corbetts:12
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:12   Hewitts:43
Wainwrights:41   Islands:13

8 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland