walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Assynt - A Love from Outer Space!!

Assynt - A Love from Outer Space!!

by dooterbang » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:25 am

Route description: Ben Mór Coigach and Sgùrr an Fhìdhleir

Fionas included on this walk: Ben Mór Coigach, Sgùrr an Fhidhleir

Date walked: 25/07/2015

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 12 km

Ascent: 850m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Assynt - A Love from Outer Space!!

Postby malky_c » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:37 pm

That is surely deserving of a report of the month accolade 8) . Did you bring the weather with you? Although not from Glashow I wouldn't imagine :wink: .

The evening shots were great and the morning ones even better. Can't wait to be done with list ticking, as I have plans to do this sort of thing more often. What a choice though - here or Rois Bheinn. I'm not sure which one I'd choose as a favourite - this probably just edges it but both brilliant summits.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Postby tibo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:18 pm

Love Assynt. We have been visiting annually for more than 10 years now to take in the breathtaking views. Never have i seen such incredible views as yours from "outer space" in such golden sunlight. So very jealous. Thank You for sharing this. :thumbup: :-D :clap:
tibo
Bird-watcher

Postby tibo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:32 pm

whoops forgot to add to my comment above- ?how on earth did you get so many photos/attachments to your blog- my blogging on this site limits me to 25 attachments only. :crazy: :problem:
tibo
Bird-watcher

Postby pollyh33 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Blooming heck Paul you have to be in league with the devil to get conditions and photographs like that! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Thank you so much for sharing. X

PS would love to know what takes you 20 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Postby Beaner001 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:49 am

Stunning photos and surely a report winner, well done :clap:
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

Postby Mal Grey » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:40 am

tibo wrote:whoops forgot to add to my comment above- ?how on earth did you get so many photos/attachments to your blog- my blogging on this site limits me to 25 attachments only. :crazy: :problem:

I may be wrong, but as I've had up to 60 in a report, perhaps its that uploading/attaching images directly to WH is limited to 25 to keep server size down, but if you host them on Flickr/Photobucket or similar and just link to the URL, you can add more?
Mal Grey
Wanderer

Munros:113   Corbetts:23
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:116
Wainwrights:71   Islands:6
Location: Surrey, probably in a canoe! www.wildernessisastateofmind.co.uk

Postby tibo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Mal Grey wrote:
tibo wrote:whoops forgot to add to my comment above- ?how on earth did you get so many photos/attachments to your blog- my blogging on this site limits me to 25 attachments only. :crazy: :problem:

I may be wrong, but as I've had up to 60 in a report, perhaps its that uploading/attaching images directly to WH is limited to 25 to keep server size down, but if you host them on Flickr/Photobucket or similar and just link to the URL, you can add more?

Thanks for that- will try :thumbup:
tibo
Bird-watcher

Postby dooterbang » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:55 pm

malky_c wrote:That is surely deserving of a report of the month accolade 8) . Did you bring the weather with you? Although not from Glashow I wouldn't imagine :wink: .

The evening shots were great and the morning ones even better. Can't wait to be done with list ticking, as I have plans to do this sort of thing more often. What a choice though - here or Rois Bheinn. I'm not sure which one I'd choose as a favourite - this probably just edges it but both brilliant summits.
Had read your report which included Rois Bheinn before heading up. May tackle your route next time up there as would love to stand on Rois Bheinn. I stopped ticking mountains couple of years back and have enjoyed the hills more than ever, I chase the weather now :wink:

pollyh33 wrote:Blooming heck Paul you have to be in league with the devil to get conditions and photographs like that! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Thank you so much for sharing. X PS would love to know what takes you 20 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes, I must be using my lucky B tokens :wink:

I upload to image shack then use the url links. Costs about three dollars a year or something to use the site to hold your photos.

Alteknacker wrote:My brother is a casual browser of WH, and he just rang me up to ask whether I'd read this AMAZING report on Assynt... (we're trying to spy out a couple of good days to do the Cuillin Ridge..)

You've definitely pressed the buttons with this one.... :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks, I know how lucky I got to experience this. Good luck with Skye...I'm thinking you'll be doing the ridge and all red cuillins in one big loop :lol:
dooterbang
Munro compleatist

Munros:262   Corbetts:58
Fionas:18   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:10   Hewitts:18
Wainwrights:21   Islands:19

43 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland