walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A howff and two remote beasts

A howff and two remote beasts

by Beaner001 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Route description: Ben Avon via Gleann an-Slugain

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Bhùird, Ben Avon

Date walked: 30/08/2015

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 39 km

Ascent: 1707m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: A howff and two remote beasts

Postby Beaner001 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:31 pm

dogplodder wrote:I thought I'd commented on this already but evidently not! :roll:

As I said in my report, most impressed you found the howff as we looked and didn't - obviously didn't try hard enough! :D

It's a nice wee spot, I'm not sure I'll go back that way in the near future though, too many new hills to see :lol:

rockhopper wrote:That looked most enjoyable - good weather decision too. Haven't been up this way having approached these hills from the west but does look interesting esp with the howff - cheers :)

Aye it's a nice walk, really enjoyable day apart from the last few km's lol

grumpy old bagger wrote:Wow, that was a long day... looked great, though!
Love the howff.... I love places like that, wondering about all the stories their walls could tell.... what they've seen...
Knees and hips for me :( Still, as long as we can put one foot in front of the other, eh?

Cheers, I agree, would loved to have been a fly on the wall when the climbers were in listening to their stories :D

Silverhill wrote:Well done, that is a big walk! One of my favourites. I loved the vast landscape, the tors, the rough corries, the bare summit plateaus. I hope to return sometime. :D
The picture of the inside of the howff made me laugh. It looks as if one of your dogs (Lochy?) photobombed it! :lol: Hope you’ve settled into your new job.

Cheers, you've summed it up well above. Aye he's a wee shite, always trying to get in on the act :lol:
Job going well, too busy for hills just now though :(
Beaner001
Mountain Walker

Munros:241   Corbetts:29
Fionas:3   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:2
Wainwrights:1   

7 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland