walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Our first mountain

Our first mountain

Postby Wordsmith » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:56 am

Corbetts included on this walk: Goat Fell

Date walked: 30/08/2015

Time taken: 5.5 hours

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was my boyfriend's and I first mountain, and we made it! He basically ran to the top, but it was harder for me. I had to stop frequently and my legs were shaking, but I plan on getting fitter before our next climb :lol:

The weather was great, but the midges were out in force - I couldn't stop when my legs were burning in places lest I inhale a cloud of them, but I guess that just made us reach the top quicker :lol: . We took our dog up and she loved it; she kept stopping when we were getting too far behind and looking at us like she was sick of being with such amateurs :lol: . We met lots of other dogs and friendly folks on our way up, and had great views from the top. There were some clouds around the other mountains, but that just made them more beautiful. The way back down seemed to take so much longer, but it was nice to take our time, as we had time to spare before the ferry. However, we got slightly lost trying to find our way back to the ferry terminal, but we got there in the end :roll: .

A fantastic day!
Wordsmith
Bird-watcher

Munros:1   Corbetts:1

Re: Our first mountain

Postby spiderwebb » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:45 pm

A great start :D Sounds like me getting lost on roads :lol:
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland