walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sgurr Dubh Mor, journeys end at 281

Sgurr Dubh Mor, journeys end at 281

by spiderwebb » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:44 pm

Munros included on this walk: Sgùrr Dubh Mòr

Date walked: 05/09/2015

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Sgurr Dubh Mor, journeys end at 281

Postby spiderwebb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Susan J wrote:Well done on 281. :) I loved reading that. Such a wonderful journey for you, even if tinged with sadness.

Thank you Susan J :D

andyfitz wrote:I'm not on here often so I missed this until now. A terrific read and, as others have said, a lump in the throat read. I've has the pleasure of meeting you on a couple of occassions - dug searching as opposed to bagging duties. Back then we had a similar Munro tally - before I got distracted by the cycling. Maybe that's the future! I can recommend it, having recently done the compass point Munros, linking them by cycling in between. Anyway whatever is next, good luck. The image of you coming out of that crevice on Ben Donich with previously lost dug is one I will remember for a very long time.

Many thanks Andy, yes Ben Donich will never forget it, Eric was back there recently on dog search duties, but no luck although the dog was found next day, clearly not a caving dog like Bracken :lol: Not to mention your much appreciated trek north to help me find Sam, since missing permanently now (over a year). Cycling hmm, use to be fit at that but surprising how it goes despite fitness from the hills, different sport, different muscles :D
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Munros:97   Corbetts:15
Fionas:3   Donalds:1
Hewitts:108
Wainwrights:68   

Postby litljortindan » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Big Walks, Classic Walks, Wild Walks -got them and been inspired by them too. No intention of visiting all the Munros but still a great thing to do I think.
litljortindan
Ambler

Munros:154   Corbetts:67
Fionas:29   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:47   Hewitts:12
Wainwrights:10   

Postby auldal » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:14 am

Done my 1st walking tour with the S. Y. H. A. in 1975 from Aberdeen to Loch Morlich taking in the eastern Cairngorm munros. I had also walked up Cairngorm mountain with my parents a year or two before that. So, do I must be at it even longer than yourself! Last couple of years I've been making an effort to get them done before I get too much older.
Alan
auldal
Rock-climber

Munros:255   Corbetts:6
Donalds:1

Postby spiderwebb » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:54 pm

litljortindan wrote:Big Walks, Classic Walks, Wild Walks -got them and been inspired by them too. No intention of visiting all the Munros but still a great thing to do I think.

The beauty of these books is that they inspire you to walk much of the wonderful scenery across the UK with its huge variety of wilderness. When I first purchased them and studied them in envy, being a city dweller, I was capticated by the mountainous scenery that I had only touched on, and the majority of it within these books had nothing to do with Munros for sure :D

auldal wrote:Done my 1st walking tour with the S. Y. H. A. in 1975 from Aberdeen to Loch Morlich taking in the eastern Cairngorm munros. I had also walked up Cairngorm mountain with my parents a year or two before that. So, do I must be at it even longer than yourself! Last couple of years I've been making an effort to get them done before I get too much older.
Alan

1975 wow, I think you have a slight edge on me there Auldal :lol: but not by much. But it would be a pleasure to walk any with you if you ever fancy it (secret desire to walk with someone older, only happened once or maybe twice, to date :lol: )
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Postby Hillbeback » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:28 am

What a fantastic report, full of emotion and very well written. I am glad l am a member now so l can give it a big thumbs up and leave this reply. I also lost my darling dog 2 years ago so l understand how you feel. It's a pain that never goes away. It would certainly be a pleasure to meet you on the hills one day. Who knows!!
Hillbeback

Munros:67   Corbetts:6
Fionas:4   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:4   

Postby spiderwebb » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:10 pm

Hillbeback wrote:What a fantastic report, full of emotion and very well written. I am glad l am a member now so l can give it a big thumbs up and leave this reply. I also lost my darling dog 2 years ago so l understand how you feel. It's a pain that never goes away. It would certainly be a pleasure to meet you on the hills one day. Who knows!!

Thank you for your kind words Hillbeback and yes likewise, look forward to that :D
spiderwebb
Munro compleatist

Postby KeithS » Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:50 am

What a great report. Really personal, as all journeys through the Munros are, and very moving.

I too thought it was a compleation report when I started reading it. How come you have left my girl out? Are you planning to finish with her or deliberately leave her waiting?

Keith
KeithS
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:5
Fionas:2   
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:14
Wainwrights:9   Islands:47

43 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland