walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Lomond

Ben Lomond

Postby MichaelFalk1969 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:33 am

Route description: Ben Lomond

Munros included on this walk: Ben Lomond

Date walked: 26/06/2010

Time taken: 5 hours

Distance: 12 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I arrived at Rowardennan Hotel already exhausted, as I had three hours sleep the night before, a 1 1/2 hour drive to the airport, the flight Frankfurt - London - Glasgow itself and another drive from Glasgow Prestwick to the Rowardennan Hotel (net travelling time 9 hours), starting point of my first hike this weekend. At 12:00, the proper hike began in rather cloudy but not rainy weather. The view on the islands of Loch Lomond was obscured, but even in this weather the hike proved to be popular, plenty of people on the track.
01BenLomond0013.JPG
01BenLomond0016.JPG
01BenLomond0039.JPG
MichaelFalk1969
Hill Bagger

Munros:9   
Grahams:2   

Re: Ben Lomond

Postby skuk007 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Congratulations on your first Munro?
Got the next one planned yet?
skuk007
Mountain Walker

Munros:44   
Hewitts:8
Wainwrights:16   

Postby monty » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 am

Well done Michael...,
Its good to get the first munro done. Gives you that hunger to do more. :D
monty

Postby MichaelFalk1969 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 pm

I would love to do Ben Lawers next time, and the Glencoe area. Hopefully this year!
MichaelFalk1969
Hill Bagger

Munros:9   
Grahams:2   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland