walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Arrochar Alps before lunch - Beinn Narnain & Ime

Arrochar Alps before lunch - Beinn Narnain & Ime

Postby Bean » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:01 am

Route description: Beinn Narnain and Beinn Ìme

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Ìme, Beinn Narnain

Date walked: 15/08/2015

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 8.5 km

Ascent: 1325m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Only the second outing in the Arrochar Alps despite them being so close to Glasgow. Tight schedule on this walk as University friends were making their way up from various scattered cities for Saturday lunch at ours at 2pm!

Not easy trying to fit in the hills around work and life, but figured we could get out and back in time for lunch........ just!!!
So lunch was prepared & house cleaned the night before in a manic dash, which Alistair was reluctantly roped into.

Have a bad trait of planning too many things when feeling energetic, then regretting it.......not on this occasion however, the Munro's were calling and nothing was going to get in their way. 8)

Carpark arrival time 0700hrs, on schedule.

IMG_1718.JPG

IMG_1719.JPG

IMG_1720.JPG

IMG_1723.JPG

We got a bit of a stomp on having the unusual pressure of time, and were up to just below the tricky bit in no time. Alistair failed to tell me there was a 'tricky bit' until just below it, had not had time to scrutinize pics on walk highlands before this one, probably a good thing to be honest :lol:

IMG_1726.JPG
Path leading up towards summit of Beinn Narnain

IMG_1727.JPG
Bit of exposure shown here

IMG_1728.JPG
Knock knees

IMG_1729.JPG
Quite steep in places

Got to be honest I found this path pretty exposed and frightening, take the exposure away and it is an easy path. I made Alistair stand right behind me the whole way, and did usual pep/fear talk to myself in the third person. Do this when scared and am all round very annoying to be with, but some how it distracts me. :roll:

IMG_1733.JPG
Phew at the top

IMG_1734.JPG
Looking through the mist towards the bottom of Beinn Ime

IMG_1738.JPG
Beinn Narnain in the background, Alistairs hair blown into a nice side quiff :)

IMG_1740.JPG
Misty route up towards Beinn Ime

IMG_1743.JPG
Ravens watching us through the mist

IMG_1744.JPG
Atmospheric

IMG_1745.JPG
Summit cairn Beinn Ime

IMG_1746.JPG
Snatching a few glimpses here and there

IMG_1754.JPG
Weather improved, lovely views of Beinn Narnain and the Cobbler now

IMG_1756.JPG

IMG_1757.JPG
Back along underneath Beinn Narnain

IMG_1764.JPG
Back out along the main route past the Cobbler, very busy with walkers

IMG_1765.JPG

Despite the tight schedule all went to plan and we were back in the car by 12.45am, friends were fashionably late of course allowing to finally slow down. Great hills these.
Bean
Wanderer

Munros:69   Corbetts:9
Fionas:8   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:7
Wainwrights:10   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland