walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glas Bheinn Sub2 an easy fill in when passing, good views!

Glas Bheinn Sub2 an easy fill in when passing, good views!

Postby The Rodmiester » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:15 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Glas Bheinn

Date walked: 05/09/2015

Time taken: 0.75 hours

Distance: 2.63 km

Ascent: 174m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This was to be the start of a weeks walking in Skye but enroute was planned a nights camping at the Red Squirrel Campsite in Glencoe and a visit to the Clachaig Inn. Prior to that though there was time to knock off this Sub2 on the East side of A82 just North East of Loch Tulla, Glas Bheinn 501m which overlooks another Sub2 I had done earlier in the year Meall Mhor on the other side of the road.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

1.JPG
Looking back at the parking area adjacent to the A82 I missed the feint path from the parking area and headed towards the fence line heading in the hill direction. (I returned this way on the return journey)
2.JPG
Fenceline followed then headed towards the low point of the undulating ridgeline. There are some very wet boggy areas to negotiate near the fenceline
3.JPG
Higher up looking back towards Lochan na h-Achlaise
4.JPG
Cairn on the summit (two actuallyboth about the same height) 25mins to the summit
5.JPG
From the South Cairn looking NE
6.JPG
From the North cairn looking SW towards Beinn an Dothaidh and Beinn Dorain
7.JPG
Looking West towards the Sub2 Meall Mhor
Attachments
8.JPG
Coming down I found a feint ATV track then path towards the parking area which was drier than the outward route near the fenceline.
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Grahams:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland