walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Braeraich 6 from Whitewell with Winter reindeer and a Fall

Braeraich 6 from Whitewell with Winter reindeer and a Fall

by scottishkennyg » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:51 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bhrotain, Braeriach, Cairn Toul, Monadh Mòr, Sgòr an Lochain Uaine, The Devil's Point

Date walked: 11/09/2015

Time taken: 14 hours

Distance: 52 km

Ascent: 2766m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Braeraich 6 from Whitewell with Winter raindeer and a Fa

Postby scottishkennyg » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Scotjamie wrote:exciting stuff as always - great report!

Thanks Sj, cheers Kenny
scottishkennyg

Munros:282   

Postby scottishkennyg » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 pm

simon-b wrote:Tremendous pictures Kenny, and a lot of big hills there :clap:

Thanks Simon
scottishkennyg

Postby scottishkennyg » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks SS, Hope you are lucky with the weather when you get the chance to traverse these hills. Cheers Kenny
scottishkennyg

Postby scottishkennyg » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:51 pm

old danensian wrote:Empathise with struggling in those conditions - you did really well to cover all that ground and survive the cycle-tangles on the way back

I'm just about to post about my own trip up there the day before and I was totally taken aback by the wind

OD

Thanks OD, aye the wind was testing as you experienced, hopefully not as strong for all on the next outing. Will look out for your TR when it comes up. Cheers Kenny
scottishkennyg

Postby Alteknacker » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:45 pm

Great report, SK. Quite apart from the narrative and excellent pics, and was alternating between chuckles and gasps of anxiety reading about your return bike ride (having done a good few of these myself, though I usually do them only one way, and that in the early morning!) - not sure if that was the effect you intended your story to have!!! :?: :?:

You did well to persevere in those conditions; pity all the tops weren't clear. :(
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby dav2930 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:24 pm

That's an epic bike-hike even in ideal conditions, never mind in high winds (which can really take it out of you). What a scary moment that was coming off your bike on the bridge - my palms were sweating just reading about it; luckily no damage done. The white reindeer looks like an albino to me. Great report of a great trip. :clap:
dav2930
Ambler

Munros:244   Corbetts:14
Fionas:18   Donalds:56
Sub 2000:1   Hewitts:164
Wainwrights:214   Islands:2

Postby Sunset tripper » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 am

Good going, that was an epic trip you had there. You need to invest in one of that super duper bike lights that turns the night time in to daylight :D
Sunset tripper

Postby scottishkennyg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Alteknacker wrote:Great report, SK. Quite apart from the narrative and excellent pics, and was alternating between chuckles and gasps of anxiety reading about your return bike ride (having done a good few of these myself, though I usually do them only one way, and that in the early morning!) - not sure if that was the effect you intended your story to have!!! :?: :?:

You did well to persevere in those conditions; pity all the tops weren't clear. :(

Thanks AK, I was laughing at myself when I was writing it too..thankfully the bike incident was not serious. I hope we all stay fit enough to enjoy more experiences in the future. Cheers Kenny
scottishkennyg

Postby scottishkennyg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:46 pm

[quote="dav2930"]

Cheers dave2930
scottishkennyg

Postby scottishkennyg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Sunset tripper wrote:Good going, that was an epic trip you had there. You need to invest in one of that super duper bike lights that turns the night time in to daylight :D

Thanks ST, liking the light idea..cheers Kenny
scottishkennyg

9 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland