walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Tinto

Tinto

by snodland » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:19 am

Route description: Tinto from the north

Fionas included on this walk: Tinto

Donalds included on this walk: Tinto

Date walked: 04/07/2010

Time taken: 2 hours

Ascent: 480m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Tinto

Postby snodland » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Blimey - I never expected to see this report again,but thanks for your reply Houdi and I am very saddened to hear of the destruction/damage/problem of the viewfinderi. I know it all looks a bit ramshackle but it is quite a distinctive thing to have atop a hill. I remeber it from the front cover of a book about the River Clyde.The big mass f stones marking "the summit cairn" can actually be made out from some way away. I have seen it very clearly from the Southern Upland Way between Sanquhar and Wanlockhead.and Tinto itself can be seen for miles - I have seen it quite clerly from up in the Campsies and the Ochils(Dumyat).

Morag1 - There is a very easy and good walk to both Cairnpaple Hill and the other nearby old fort on Cockleroy.For my money it is best to start in Linlithgow (I am a public transport walker) and it takes in Beescraig Country Park and a lovely little Korean War Memorial Garden. I have done it 3 or 4 times and if I get time over the weekend will try and stick a report together.
snodland
Munro compleatist

Munros:89   Corbetts:17
Fionas:14   Donalds:10
Sub 2000:20   Hewitts:5

Re: Tinto

Postby morag1 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks for letting me know, will await your report. I have often walked in Beecraigs but did not know you could get onto the hill from there, must get my map out and have a good look.

Glad to hear you are a public-transport user - its good for the environment and you can have a sleep on the bus after a hard days walking!!
morag1

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland