walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Luibhean : Racing the Clag

Beinn Luibhean : Racing the Clag

Postby iainR » Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Route description: Beinn Luibhean

Corbetts included on this walk: Beinn Luibhean

Date walked: 19/09/2015

Time taken: 2.75 hours

Distance: 4.45 km

Ascent: 674m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

As i drove into the Arrochar area the sky was still mostly blue but clouding up nicely from the west with hill fog beginning to form therefore my earlier selection of Ben Donich and The Brack was quickly modified to Beinn Luibhean on its own as i wanted some kind of view before it was too late.
I parked at the small and busy car park near the bridge over Croe Water and began the steep and unrelenting ascent up the southern shoulder of the hill. The advantage of this route is that height is gained quickly and in just under 1hr 25min i reached the summit....too late, the clag was down !
Bridge over Croe Water__.jpg
The road bridge over Croe Water

Hill access in Glen Croe__.jpg
Hill access in Glen Croe

Beinn an Lochain from Beinn Luibhean__.jpg
Beinn an Lochain from Beinn Luibhean

Lower slopes of Beinn Luibhean__.jpg
Lower slopes of Beinn luibhean

Beinn Ime somewhere in there !.jpg
Beinn Ime somewhere in there !

Once or twice the fog cleared enough to reveal some views but these were short lived and limited so after a quick lunch it was back down to the car wishing i had gotten out of bed earlier yet again !
Summit of Beinn Luibhean__.jpg
Summit of Beinn Luibhean

Loch Restil from Beinn Luibhean__.jpg
Loch Restil from the summit of Beinn luibhean
iainR
Walker

Munros:78   Corbetts:30
Fionas:26   Donalds:62
Sub 2000:21   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland