walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Glen Feshie, Mullach Clach a Blair, Sgor Gaoith & bothy

Glen Feshie, Mullach Clach a Blair, Sgor Gaoith & bothy

Postby nickiec » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:35 am

Route description: Sgòr Gaoith, from Glen Feshie

Munros included on this walk: Mullach Clach a' Bhlàir, Sgòr Gaoith

Date walked: 27/06/2014

Distance: 22.5 km

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Once again I found myself in Glen Feshie supervising some Gold DofE groups. The weather wasn't great as I followed them up Glen Feshie but it was great to see new bridge work crossing the various burns so at least my feet stayed dry. had a brief chat with the group at the bothy, dried out a bit then a bit more shadowing of them up the Upper Glen Feshie valley to see how the path improvements there were bearing up before returning to the bothy for some lunch. I unloaded my sleeping bag, tent etc and decided, since the weather was supposed to improve that I would head up on to Mullach Clach a Blair, a munro I know well. Off began the slog, stil raining, with a bit of mind over matter to tackle the steep gradient of the land rover track. Soon I was at the top of the track, still raining, so I turned to head for the summit cairn. Just as I arrived, the rain stopped and the cloud started to thin. Having slogged all the way up here it seemed silly to head down, so I returned to the track and headed in the direction of Sgor Gaoith. The excellent track over the plateau makes progress easy and there were views across to Cairn Toul etc, and not another soul in sight. The weather had improved dramatically by this point so there were great views into Loch Einich...guess who had forgotten her camera.....
It wS time to retrace my steps, this time taking the excellent footpath down to Auchlean....this was the only time I met a soul all day. I cold see the minibus but my tent, sleeping bag, stove and food were all waiting for me at the bothy, as were hopefully another DofE group, so back down the valley I headed, enjoying the wonderful scenery in the sunshine.
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

nickiec
Mountaineer

Munros:1   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland