walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Arthur's Seat - A Climb for Everyone!

Arthur's Seat - A Climb for Everyone!

Postby Sean0510 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:59 pm

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Arthur's Seat

Date walked: 13/10/2015

Time taken: 1 hours

Distance: 4.75 km

Ascent: 251m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hey Everyone!

I've been having some trouble this year with my knee so not too much climbing done. However, it is on the mend and next year will be a good one :)

Just wanted to share with you a fantastic little hill I climbed whilst I was in Edinburgh with my partner. I must stress that Arthur's Seat was not challenging or significantly high, but my god, the views were staggering once we neared the summit.

I spent a couple days in Edinburgh purely to get away from work and daily life and my partner suggested we go for a walk. So I packed my walking shoes and off we went.

Looking at it from the bottom, it did seem an awful lot higher than the 251m posted on here - but with lots of energy, we set off :) It didn't take us long to reach a first view point overlooking the city. The hill was much more popular than I anticipated with hundreds of people heading towards the summit. So, as my title suggests, this is a climb open to absolutely anyone willing to go for it - regardless of age or ability.

Overall, we reached the summit in about 15-20 minutes and spent a good half hour sitting at the top taking in the immense views. Definitely recommend you try this out if you're ever in the Edinburgh area.

To be honest, this climb was more of a truly enjoyable walk, rather than a tough climb. The only drawback I found was my camera.. I didn't pack it! Haha, so I was stuck with my phone. Sorry for the quality of the pictures but I've attached them anyway :)

Take care folks, hopefully will post another climb soon :)

ImageIMAG4514 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4478 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4481 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4486 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4501 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4502 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4511 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4522 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4491 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageIMAG4490 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr
Sean0510
Mountain Walker

Munros:4   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:9   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland