walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Rinnes - Another Corbett Down

Ben Rinnes - Another Corbett Down

Postby Sean0510 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Corbetts included on this walk: Ben Rinnes

Date walked: 17/10/2015

Time taken: 2.5 hours

Distance: 7.5 km

Ascent: 541m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hey folks!
If anyone read my last post, you'll know about the recovery of my knee. I do like to think I'm back up to full strength now :)

This was a very impulsive climb. I was chatting with my girlfriend last night and we decided that if the weather turned out okay, we'd go climbing - Ben Rinnes was the target :)

The forecast was correct and we had a beautiful day for it. I am loving the sunshine in October this year!

We set off fairly early this morning for the hour long drive to reach the mountain. Only a few cars were parked up at that point, so getting a spot wasn't tough at all. Much tougher when we arrived back after the climb.. the place was packed! :lol:

What I loved about this one was the climb started as soon as I left the car, compared to walks like Mount Keen where there was a lengthy walk before the ascent. Started off fairly steady, wasn't too challenging but we were well aware we were climbing lol.. bodies still not woken up properly I think!

Another Corbett down! Just another Corbett down, time to start making a dent in the Munro's I think. Remembered my camera this time so pictures are a little better, far from a professional photographer, but not too bad I think :)

Hope to see you again!

ImageSAM_0001 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0004 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0009 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0012 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0017 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0028 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0034 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0054 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0062 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr

ImageSAM_0076 by Sean Gordon, on Flickr
Sean0510
Mountain Walker

Munros:3   Corbetts:4
Sub 2000:7   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

Your generosity keeps this site running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland