walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Ben Klibreck

Ben Klibreck

Postby Jokester » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:28 pm

Route description: Ben Klibreck

Munros included on this walk: Ben Klibreck

Date walked: 18/10/2015

Time taken: 4.75 hours

Distance: 14.5 km

Ascent: 948m

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

I actually passed this way a few weeks ago on my way to Ben Hope, but I never got this view due to low cloud!
ImageIMG_0358 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

I parked at the small layby just by the bridge and set off and quickly found the route was somewhat wet.
ImageIMG_0361 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

The path heads upwards and I took the direct route up towards the cairn.
ImageIMG_0362 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

Continuing on and downwards it quickly became boggy again, thankfully nothing as much as ankle deep.
ImageIMG_0377 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

Heading towards Creag an Lochain, the path heads left and along the side of the slope.
ImageIMG_0366 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

Eventually the path leads out on to the top of the wide ridge and offers a good view of the summit.
ImageIMG_0368 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

From here it's a steep climb up to the summit where the remains of a trig point lie amongst the summit cairn. A fantastic view.
ImageIMG_0371 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

ImageIMG_0374 by matthew_chalmers, on Flickr

After a spot of lunch I came down the same route and back to the car. The river is a handy location to wash your boots of all the mud from the bog!
Attachments

Track 012.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Jokester
Mountain Walker

Munros:77   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland