walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Every Tom, Toll and Harry ;)

Every Tom, Toll and Harry ;)

by BlackPanther » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Route description: Tom a' Chòinich & Toll Creagach, Glen Affric

Munros included on this walk: Toll Creagach, Tom a' Chòinich

Date walked: 17/10/2015

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 17.5 km

Ascent: 1109m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Every Tom, Toll and Harry ;)

Postby past my sell by date » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:32 pm

Great photos - these are big hills and take a lot of time to traverse. I've always thought Sgurr na Lapaich gets a very raw deal. It dominates Glen Affric as you go up, and yet lots of much lesser hills have been accorded Munro status (IMO) . Because it's not a Munro and most walkers follow the main ridge towards Mam Sodhail and carn Eighe I don't suppose it gets anything like as many ascents as it should.
past my sell by date
Mountaineer

Munros:282   Corbetts:86
Fionas:27   Donalds:6
Sub 2000:8   Hewitts:146
Wainwrights:159   

Re: Every Tom, Toll and Harry ;)

Postby Huff_n_Puff » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Beautiful photos, like you I love Glen Affric, and in the conditions you had it is stunning. Glad Kevin is making a good recovery. :) :)
Huff_n_Puff
Walker

Munros:278   Corbetts:20
Fionas:10   Donalds:1
Sub 2000:19   Hewitts:5
Wainwrights:1   Islands:19

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland