walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

traigh na uamhag beach nr durness

traigh na uamhag beach nr durness

Postby blueyed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Route description: Ceannabeinne Township Trail, near Durness

Date walked: 07/09/2015

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 1 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

couple of miles past smoo cave we noticed an island just off the coast, i was really keen to stop and take a picture. we stopped at first conveniece, which happened to be an info point about ceannabeinne clearance :)
and we found this beautiful beach, just accidentally :)
very much worth exploring, i would encourage you all to have a walk and check out the stacks and a cave. nevermind the clearance :) the trail - yeah it's ok but if not for the beach i wouldnt recommend spending time trying to find traces of the past

however the beach is spectacular :)

look at that! a beach! let's check it out!

bea ran between waves (crazy!) to check out this little cave

and then the wind brought us rain...

not for long thou :)

more pics on my photoblog around scotland @ blogspot
thanks
blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland