walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

scourie headland little explore

scourie headland little explore

Postby blueyed » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:16 pm

Route description: Scourie Headland

Date walked: 25/10/2015

Time taken: 2 hours

Distance: 3 km

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

driving up north is an adventure on its own. the rule is- the smaller the road, the better place at its end. this is always true in scotland :)
anyway, on our way up to durness area we passed a lot of amazing spots. especially north from ullapool, my heart sinks at the views, serenity and remoteness.
we hoped to wildcamp in sandwood bay that night but left edi too late and only managed to reach scourie before it got dark. still, good enough to me! scourie is a nice place. campsite is decent. midges were already asleep :)
and in the morning i was amazed by fantastic show of light / rain/ cloud/ rain
seen about 5 rainbows within 15 mins :)

at night

in the morning

blueyed
Hill Bagger

Munros:50   Corbetts:13
Fionas:5   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:4
Wainwrights:5   

2 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland