walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stuchd an Lochain on Monday morning. (as you do)

Stuchd an Lochain on Monday morning. (as you do)

Postby Faction54 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Route description: Stuchd an Lochain

Munros included on this walk: Stuchd an Lochain

Date walked: 17/11/2015

Time taken: 4 hours

Distance: 5 km

Ascent: 960m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

When i got dragged up out of bed the morning i climbed Stuchd an Lochain, the world was being watched through half closed eyes, so everything seemed smaller, even the hill we were about to hike up. When we were halfway up, and i was having severe problemos with my new boots, the hill seemed to have grown. :(
as we drew level with the first hill, i was wondering whether we were conquering everest by mistake...
At the top, we discovered the camera was nowhere to be seen, so no pictures for us :roll:. Next up on my list of displeasures was a steep downhill scramble. (i dont like downhill, hurts me feet). Last and least was a bog. Big bog. 2 miles of pure mud and water and lochside stones. Choose between a bog or a stony beach which slows your progress down by half. I had never been so relieved when i got back to the car. So why was i smiling?
Oh, the joys of the hills...
Attachments
Stuchd Dam.jpg
The Dam
Faction54
Munro compleatist

Munros:6   Corbetts:1
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:5

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland