walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

A rainy/sleety/snowy walk up Brimmond Hill

A rainy/sleety/snowy walk up Brimmond Hill

Postby KatTai » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:37 pm

Route description: Brimmond Hill, near Westhill

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Brimmond Hill

Date walked: 12/02/2016

Distance: 2.75 km

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

This hill is within walking distance from my mums house, but we've never been up there...now with my mum's dog and one of my three an "oldie" walking from there wasn't an option so we had to drive along and park at the car park so the oldies could come up too. The weather was terrible, no views and rain turned to sleet turning to snow at the summit...and this was repeated in reverse on the way down! There was an easy tarmacked road up to the top though and signposts for a circuit, on the WH description it says the old paths are overgrown but they looked fine from what we can see so maybe a circuit is possible again, we'll hopefully find out on a nicer day because today we decided to just head back down. So, no photos of the views, but plenty of the dogs enjoying themselves!

7.jpg
Playtime for Millie and Moss (the non-oldies)

14.jpg
Fly

15.jpg
"Oldie" Brodie

19.jpg
Dashing through the snow...

25.jpg
I think Fly is happy to bag herself a new summit!

35.jpg
Wee Brodie again, he just follows at heel most of the time now!
KatTai
Wanderer

Munros:52   Corbetts:16
Fionas:12   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:52   
Islands:32

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland