walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Arthur's Seat

Arthur's Seat

Postby U059361 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:18 pm

Route description: Arthur's Seat and Holyrood Park, Edinburgh

Sub 2000' hills included on this walk: Arthur's Seat

Date walked: 12/02/2016

Time taken: 3 hours

Distance: 12.6 km

Ascent: 479m

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A walk from the house at Queensferry Road up and round Arthur's Seat as it was a reasonable day.
Went along Salisbury Crags and then straight up Arthur's Seat and back down Long Row, the footpath is being renewed / improved here at the moment.
ImageSalisbury Crags and Radical Road by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
ImageArthur's Seat from top Salisbury Crags by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
ImageSalisbury Crags and castle by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
ImageArthur's Seat top towards Hillend by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
ImageLooking down to Holyrood by Joe Kincaid, on Flickr
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

U059361
Bird-watcher

Munros:101   Corbetts:34
Grahams:20   Donalds:27
Sub 2000:40   Hewitts:5

Re: Arthur's Seat

Postby rgf101 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 pm

Arthur's Seat is a wee gem - can walk up and down in two hours from where I am in Polwarth. Had a run round it on Sunday morning - incredible views, hardy anyone around, saw some small mammal (mink? not sure), home in time for breakfast.
rgf101

Re: Arthur's Seat

Postby Jaxter » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:47 pm

I love Arthur's Seat. I've a habit of making a "terrible wrong turn" after work on the way to the station and popping over the top so I don't feel the mountain deprivation so badly during the week :D :lol:

It's the only thing Edinburgh has that Glasgow doesn't :lol:
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:205   Corbetts:125
Grahams:61   Donalds:46
Sub 2000:81   Hewitts:59
Wainwrights:68   Islands:25

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland