walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

The Glen Mollochan Horseshoe

The Glen Mollochan Horseshoe

by teaandpies » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:18 am

Route description: Beinn Dubh - Glen Striddle horseshoe, Luss

Fionas included on this walk: Beinn Dubh, Beinn Eich, Doune Hill

Date walked: 24/02/2016

Time taken: 7.5 hours

Distance: 18.1 km

Ascent: 1472m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: The Glen Mollochan Horseshoe

Postby lomondwalkers » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:56 am

Soooooopber 8) I used to do the Luss Grahams alot, while I was living in Alexandria. The views are outstanding. I did a similar route to you a few years ago, the drop from Beinn Dubh sure is steep!
lomondwalkers
Mountain Walker

Munros:143   Corbetts:57
Fionas:57   Donalds:73
Sub 2000:23   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:3   Islands:4

Re: The Glen Mollochan Horseshoe

Postby teaandpies » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:08 pm

lomondwalkers wrote:Soooooopber 8) I used to do the Luss Grahams alot, while I was living in Alexandria. The views are outstanding. I did a similar route to you a few years ago, the drop from Beinn Dubh sure is steep!

Cheers. I'll get the other 3 done this week I hope. Preying the weather doesn't change. What a run of clear days we are having...it's a pity that work gets in the way of fun.

rohan wrote:
Well, I just assumed it was tiredness as it was the only time I could match your stride....and there's me thinking I was the bush tucker man or something

But look at your time, much quicker than mine and I didn't have the walk back down the road which would have taken me another hour so your pride is intact.
By the way your photos are great.

Haha it's no competition. When walking alone I tend to find I just walk a bit faster (pushing my short legs as fast as I can muster) as I don't stop much for breaks but I tend to really slow up coming off the hill. The walk down the road was ok but there was a few uphill sections that felt cruel after a long day :(

All pictures taken on a mobile phone, I think if I lost my phone on the hill I'd be gutted at losing the pictures more than losing the contacts!!
teaandpies
Mountain Walker

Munros:116   Corbetts:22
Fionas:9   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:9   Hewitts:6

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland