walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Sunshine and blue skies on Binnein "the beast" Mor

Sunshine and blue skies on Binnein "the beast" Mor

by Jaxter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:46 pm

Route description: Binnein Mòr and Na Gruagaichean, Mamores

Munros included on this walk: Binnein Mòr, Na Gruagaichean

Date walked: 28/02/2016

Time taken: 8 hours

Distance: 14 km

Ascent: 1259m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: Sunshine and blue skies on Binnein "the beast" Mor

Postby The Rodmiester » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:22 am

Well one thing I do know, you will certainly remember your 50th Munro, and for all the right reasons. I don't think anything could have been bettered could it, just a wonderful experience and something extra special. Congratulations on hitting the half ton by the way. Great report on a fabulous day, just hope there will be similar days at The Gairloch meet, look forward to meeting you then, not long to go, yessssssssssssssss
The Rodmiester
Walker

Munros:107   Corbetts:196
Fionas:45   Donalds:13
Sub 2000:76   Hewitts:3
Wainwrights:1   Islands:17

Postby Jaxter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:49 am

The Rodmiester wrote:Well one thing I do know, you will certainly remember your 50th Munro, and for all the right reasons. I don't think anything could have been bettered could it, just a wonderful experience and something extra special. Congratulations on hitting the half ton by the way. Great report on a fabulous day, just hope there will be similar days at The Gairloch meet, look forward to meeting you then, not long to go, yessssssssssssssss

Thank you! Yes, will never forget that day. I feel it may have spoiled every other hill day for me because it will be impossible to have better weather :lol: good job the views aren't the only reason we do this :lol:

Dead excited about the meet :thumbup: :D
Jaxter
Wanderer

Munros:217   Corbetts:141
Fionas:91   Donalds:49+13
Sub 2000:131   Hewitts:69
Wainwrights:81   Islands:35

Postby Alteknacker » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:11 am

At last I managed to sort the problem I had viewing the pics (security settings)....

Boy, what a day!!! (as were the previous 2, when I was out on the hills). Fantastic pics of what looks like a brilliant ridge.

One to remember, I'm sure!
Alteknacker
Scrambler

Munros:176   Corbetts:33
Fionas:1   
Hewitts:264
Wainwrights:118   

Postby ancancha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:11 am

Don't be too hard on the navigator :!: I found it a mission to get through the forest and onto the correct path as well :roll:
Fabulous couple of mountains, great photos and report :clap:
ancancha
Mountain Walker

Munros:84   Corbetts:3
Fionas:1   Donalds:1

Postby Guinessman » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 am

Did these two last week on a fabulous inversion day. Made the mistake in the Glen because of the dense cloud lying in the Glen of not finding the start of the path and ascending the ridge of Sail Dhubh and onto Stob Nan Clach instead which has an easy connecting ridge to Creag Mhor. Thankfully the steep snow on Sail Dhubh was soft otherwise it would have been very interesting.
Guinessman
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:52
Fionas:27   Donalds:89
Hewitts:142
Wainwrights:214   Islands:15

11 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland