walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Stob an Eas and Cruach nam Mult

Stob an Eas and Cruach nam Mult

Postby Benaden887 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Cruach nam Mult, Stob an Eas

Date walked: 18/03/2015

Time taken: 5.3 hours

Distance: 13 km

Ascent: 985m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Wednesday,18th- forecast good - Alan unavailable - I decide on the two Grahams either side of Hell`s glen - Stob an Eas and Cruach nam Mult. I had looked at a direct route up both re the burns at NN178061 - but opted for the easier use of forestry tracks. The lower slopes of the glen are heavily forested yet there is parking at the high point of the road where logging trails strike into both hills. From the car thro the trees up the track to the burn then open hillside to the top of Stob an Eas - the going easy then wet as the track becomes a path - fallen trees gives concern for route two but then up the burn - not much water so no show at the falls (the peaks name) and finally top out - with great views over Arrochar - Cruachan and the Cowal hills.Back at the car- change of top then head for Mult. The track here renewed with logging taking place below me - sadly none on my proposed route. With no fire breaks access - its follow the track to where it ends to enter the forest on a faint path beside a burn. Hmm, more fallen trees here - I go round climb over and under before breaking clear of wood into sunshine and open air ! From the col to Mult is 25 min.over rough ground - a break here - the views less expansive being 110mtr lower - Eas across the glen looks massive and there`s cloud coming in - time to go. Dropping down the burn to the road is sore on the quads and my exit blocked by fallen trees - a detour around these - over a burn gains the road then uphill to the car. Another good day - seen enroute - deer in the forest - sheep on the hill - frogs in the pools with spawn - two frogs playing dead on the path- Brilliant - more frogspawn forest birds and a pair of larks trying to spook an overhead eagle
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Benaden887
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:153   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:46
Wainwrights:39   
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland