walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Cruach nan Capull

Cruach nan Capull

Postby Benaden887 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Cruach nan Capull

Date walked: 09/09/2014

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 26 km

Ascent: 705m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Last Thursday ....Options - the ferry to Dunoon - bus to Loch tarsan dam - back over the hill doing Cruach nan Capull enroute or use the bike and do both Capull and Beinn Ruadh - the two Grahams won out - I wake up with a sore back - but the car is loaded and I`m crossing the Clyde by 8.00 - Cowal is cloudy and muggy but no rain - but by Corrachaive my back`s gein me gip. The walkin may help - I locate the pile of stones for the path thro the forest - stow the bike and step into the trees. A zigzag mucky trek takes me after a time to open hillside - here I tie an orange bag on an outermost branch of a tree - to show my return route and head up for Capull`s top which remains clear until I leave. The hills behind me are cover in clag - the only views down the glen below and over the firth - Ruadh has clouded over - I return the same way - thro the trees - the bike and the roadend. The pain decides the ferry being the best option - Ruadh can wait for another day - seen enroute three aerobatic rooks birds sheep and cows - plenty of cyclists. All in all a good day - used the flask Billy gave me - works jist fine
Benaden887
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:153   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:46
Wainwrights:39   
Walk wish-list

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland