walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Creag Pitridh, Geal Charn + Beinn a' Chlachair inversion

Creag Pitridh, Geal Charn + Beinn a' Chlachair inversion

Postby tombombadilio » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn a' Chlachair, Creag Pitridh, Geal chàrn (Laggan)

Date walked: 18/03/2016

Time taken: 9.25 hours

Distance: 26.1 km

Ascent: 1358m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Hi all.

Not that there's a lack of recent amazing inversion photography on the forum, incase you've consumed it all and need another hit, here's my humble contribution from that week back in March (I think this was my first proper inversion in a solid year of walking).

Perfect walking conditions, if occasional bitter wind. Remained in base layer all day with sunnies and buff to protect the baldy heed.

Met two parties during the day, everyone including myself were plastered with stupid, permanent grins :D

Amazing how sublime conditions like that can universally lift people's mood. Though if it was like that all the time the effect would no doubt diminish (that's what I'm telling myself anyway :? )

To top it all off, the clouds dispersed in time for my descent in the afternoon meaning no reluctant walk back down to glen-level!

All in all, very lucky.

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

IMG_2618.jpg
Bridge over inlet to Lochan na h-Earba - not looking promising

IMG_2620.jpg
Broken through clouds - kind of missed the Shawshank Redemption moment

IMG_2624.jpg
Inversion 001

IMG_2623.jpg
Mini brocken spectre

IMG_2622.jpg
Vapour trail 001, approaching Creag Pitridh

Creag Pitridh summit.jpg
Creag Pitridh summit

IMG_2629.jpg
Footsteps, looking back to Beinn a' Chlachair

IMG_2631.jpg
Approach to Geal Charn

Geal Charn summit.jpg
Geal Charn summit

Inversion from Geal Charn.jpg
Basking on Geal Charn - arms/neck burnt, sore face from excessive smiling, but generally ecstatic.

Vapour trail over inversion.jpg
What. A. Vapour. Trail.

IMG_2641.jpg
And another!

Steep ascent to BaC.jpg
Steep ascent to BaC - not looking forward to this

IMG_2650.jpg
Nice easy plateau jaunt to Beinn a' Chlachair

IMG_2655.jpg
Final approach to Beinn a' Chlachair, cheeky wee vapour trail thrown in

Beinn a' Chlachair summit.jpg
Beinn a' Chlachair summit

IMG_2660.jpg
Looking back to Beinn a' Chlachair on descent

IMG_2668.jpg
On the beach - Viene la tormenta!

IMG_2671.jpg
Bridge on return.
tombombadilio
Walker

Munros:261   Corbetts:24
Fionas:4   Donalds:3
Sub 2000:4   Hewitts:8
Islands:17

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland