walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Beinn Buidhe

Beinn Buidhe

Postby malky_c » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bhuidhe

Date walked: 11/09/2004

Distance: 18 km

Ascent: 1030m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

From Glen Fyne. Wet and windy, cloud down to 500m. Gravel oit/quarry route didn't look too welcoming (I think there were signs recommending that you took another route), but I went through anyway. Up on the hill (and in the clag), a concentration lapse had me heading briefly for Beinn Chas. Back on route, there was a bit of a bog trot over to the final steepening (which I couldn't see). Found a route up amongst the broken crags, mainly on steepish grass, and finally got to the summit.

fyne.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Hadn't checked the guidebook for this one, so decided to follow the obvious path back down. This took me along the top of a gorge and dumped me much further up Glen Fyne than I had bargained for. Long walk back to the car! To be fair, the road was easy going (mostly tarmaced), and the scenery would have been nice. It was still pelting with rain though, so I was less than chuffed to add on the extra distance, and wished I'd had my bike. I was about 4 hours late by the time I got back to Glasgow.
malky_c

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:80+37
Sub 2000:315   Hewitts:281
Wainwrights:140   Islands:39

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland