walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

It's So Good to be Bhac

It's So Good to be Bhac

by jupe1407 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Route description: Beinn Iutharn Mhòr and Càrn Bhac, Inverey

Munros included on this walk: Càrn Bhac

Date walked: 24/04/2016

Time taken: 6 hours

Distance: 26 km

Ascent: 787m

Click to mark this as a great report. Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Re: It's So Good to be Bhac

Postby Petr Dakota » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Well done and nice to see you back ! :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
I left this one last year when I did the 4 neighbours early morning so still to do in the future :)
Great photos as usual :clap: :clap: :clap:
All the best and stay safe :wink:
Petr Dakota
Mountain Walker

Munros:247   Corbetts:28
Fionas:8   Donalds:4
Sub 2000:3   Hewitts:19
Wainwrights:12   Islands:1

Postby Sgurr » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:06 pm

We got padded bike saddles
www.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Thick-Padded-Sad ... +seat+bike

Unlike the gel in the padding on the original bike, so far the deer haven't nibbled them when we have left them. They look a bit grannyish, but I DON'T CARE, I am a granny. If you value your comfort, you'll get one.
We also got a tow bar for our small Jazz. Wrestling one bike inside is just about OK, but not 2. We use it in conjunction with a tow bar carrier
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?33109&gclid=COTIyaT_rMwCFQoTGwodckECMg

best investment we ever made, don't have to lift the bikes onto the roof, or more scary, have them sliding down the back window as we did with the preceding Toyota.

If you think just how many Munros there are where you could do with a bike, it isn't so much stupid money as you think

Lovely TR BTW
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:219   Donalds:89+52
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:172
Wainwrights:214   Islands:58

Postby jupe1407 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:51 pm

Petr Dakota wrote:Well done and nice to see you back ! :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
I left this one last year when I did the 4 neighbours early morning so still to do in the future :)
Great photos as usual :clap: :clap: :clap:
All the best and stay safe :wink:

Thanks Petr. Hope you get a good day for it :D

Sgurr wrote:We got padded bike saddles
<a style="" href="//www.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Thick-Padded-Sad" class="skimlinks-unlinked" data-skimwords-word="www.amazon.co.uk%2FExtra-Thick-Padded-Sad" data-skim-creative="500005" title="">www.amazon.co.uk/Extra-Thick-Padded-Sad</a> ... +seat+bike

Unlike the gel in the padding on the original bike, so far the deer haven't nibbled them when we have left them. They look a bit grannyish, but I DON'T CARE, I am a granny. If you value your comfort, you'll get one.
We also got a tow bar for our small Jazz. Wrestling one bike inside is just about OK, but not 2. We use it in conjunction with a tow bar carrier
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php?33109&gclid=COTIyaT_rMwCFQoTGwodckECMg</span>

best investment we ever made, don't have to lift the bikes onto the roof, or more scary, have them sliding down the back window as we did with the preceding Toyota.

If you think just how many Munros there are where you could do with a bike, it isn't so much stupid money as you think

Lovely TR BTW

Very useful. Thanks! I've held off getting a proper bike carrier as I'm changing car mid-May. I can just fit mine in the back of a Renault Megane but absolutely no chance with two!

Cheers :D
jupe1407
Mountain Walker

Munros:269   Corbetts:52
Fionas:12   
Sub 2000:7   
Islands:6

4 people think this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Previous

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland