walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

First day of Munro bagging

First day of Munro bagging

Postby jimmyash84 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Munros included on this walk: Ben Vorlich (Loch Earn)

Date walked: 26/04/2016

Time taken: 3 hours

Ascent: 985m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
jimmyash84
Mountaineer

Munros:21   

Re: First day of Munro bagging

Postby Silverhill » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:45 pm

Congratulations on your first munro! :thumbup: This hill took me somewhat longer than 3 hours, but then again I didn't have to run to keep warm :wink: .
Silverhill

Munros:282   Corbetts:9
Grahams:5   Donalds:19
Sub 2000:9   

Postby teaandpies » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:00 pm

In a few hills time you'll regret not getting across to the other Munro Stuc a'Chroin.
teaandpies
Munro compleatist

Munros:94   Corbetts:17
Grahams:8   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:6

Postby Sgurr » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:34 pm

teaandpies wrote:In a few hills time you'll regret not getting across to the other Munro Stuc a'Chroin.

Only if you are in full bagging mode....otherwise it's just another great day out to look forward to....from Glen Ample perhaps this time. Done it twice from there and seen different stuff each time.
Sgurr
Munro compleatist

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Grahams:219   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:569   Hewitts:139
Wainwrights:160   Islands:58

Postby teaandpies » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:02 pm

Sgurr wrote:
teaandpies wrote:In a few hills time you'll regret not getting across to the other Munro Stuc a'Chroin.

Only if you are in full bagging mode....otherwise it's just another great day out to look forward to....from Glen Ample perhaps this time. Done it twice from there and seen different stuff each time.

To be fair I started as a bagger but about 10 hills in I was a hill walker. When I look at my next hills now I see what other hills I can link regardless of their status.
teaandpies
Munro compleatist

Munros:94   Corbetts:17
Grahams:8   
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:6

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Walkhighlands community forum is advert free

We need help to keep the site online.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and the online community by setting up a monthly donation by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland