walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Munro Sixty Two

Munro Sixty Two

Postby Chris Henshall » Wed May 04, 2016 3:35 pm

Route description: Beinn Fhada, from Morvich

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Fhada

Date walked: 21/08/1982

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Saturday, 21st. August, 1982:
This was the thirteenth day that my brother Nick and I had been out unsupported, trekking south from Lochluichart towards Glenfinnan - but the weather had turned and, having been blown in from Alltbeithe in Glen Affric on the previous day, we spent the best part of the next forty eight hours storm bound in the Camban Bothy. It was all that we could do on the Saturday to pull ourselves out of our sleeping bags during a lull in rain and the wind in order to make a brief foray and flog up to the summit of Ben Fhada and back in limited visibility.
Camban Bothy.jpg
A water damaged photograph of me standing outside the Camban Bothy before climbing Ben Fhada

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Next Report: https://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48347.
Chris Henshall
Mountaineer

Munros:253   
Hewitts:157
Wainwrights:214   

1 person thinks this report is great.
Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland