walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

Bordering On Enjoyable

Bordering On Enjoyable

Postby pollyh33 » Sat May 07, 2016 11:35 pm

Route description: Dalwhinnie to Culra

Munros included on this walk: Beinn Bheoil, Ben Alder

Date walked: 07/05/2016

Time taken: 10 hours

Distance: 47 km

Ascent: 1281m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

A top day out with my favourite Jedburgh citizen.

Cycle in started well with Chris, Gammy and I going along at a bearable pace, Gill and Lynne taking their time as they were laden with enough kit to set up Everest basecamp :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Unfortunately Gammy lived up to his name when his knee gave up just as we were about to turn into the cut off path. Rather than carry on and slow us down he did the decent selfless thing and called it a day.

This left Chris and I to take on Long Leachas and a dodgy river crossing on our own. Luckily Chris was not only capable at jumping onto boulders midstream, he was also there to grab my hand at the crucial wobbly wet attempts by me.

The scramble up was tremendous fun with just enough exposure to make it interesting but not so much that you'd get scared. :D :D

The summit of Alder had a super shelter to allow a lengthy lunch stop. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The rest of the walk was so easy and uneventful with the summit of Bheoil a mere detour on the route back out.

Once back at the bikes, I urged Chris to go ahead because I knew I would slow him down and he had a long journey south- alas only 8 mile from the Scotland/England border.

Thanks Chris for making today a totally stressfree and enjoyable day on the hills. The chat was smashing and hopefully see you on the hills soon with a not so Gammy in tow. :D :D :D
ba1r.jpg
ba2r.jpg
ba3r.jpg
ba4r.jpg
ba5r.jpg
ba6r.jpg
ba7r.jpg
ba8r.jpg
ba9r.jpg
ba10r.jpg
pollyh33
Walker

Munros:282   Corbetts:18
Fionas:5   Donalds:2
Sub 2000:1   

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland