walkhighlands

Share your personal walking route experiences in Scotland, and comment on other peoples' reports.
Warning Please note that hillwalking when there is snow lying requires an ice-axe, crampons and the knowledge, experience and skill to use them correctly. Summer routes may not be viable or appropriate in winter. See winter information on our skills and safety pages for more information.

3 days in Mull

3 days in Mull

Postby Benaden887 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:35 pm

Fionas included on this walk: Ben Buie, Creach Beinn

Date walked: 13/05/2016

Time taken: 7 hours

Distance: 13.8 km

Ascent: 1340m

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Friday - Creach Beinn and Ben Buie lies S of Glen More. I drive past loch Uisg to reach Lochbuie and park@nm615256 (the stones circle CP.) I`m away by 0600- taking a stalkers path up Gleann chaiginn Mhor to reach a marked rise on the track then step R to head for the hill. Reaching the ridge, to pass lochans, over rises, the way easy enough until reaching the trig and cairn. Gabbro and rhyolite form these hills, rough on both hands and boots. There`s less to see today cloud masks the sun , maybe Cruachan and Jura and the cold wind is blowing. Down stoney ground to a dried out marshy area then a further band of crag to the floor of the glen and the S end of Loch Airde Glais
A line of gabro rolls down from Cnap nan Gobhar and once on, it gave superb walking with odd sections of scrambling. The top has two cairns then its down and up a couple of times to Buie`s top which has a massive cairn. Great views again. Returning via the Gabbro slide I rejoined my inward route at about where I`d left the path so had a 2km walk back
Seen enroute - Golden eagle twice. Fallow deer, hares on the hill, rabbits in the fields Heron I nearly ran down, plenty Birds sheep frogs. No midges flies or ticks this time.Plenty of folk
Attachments

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

our_route.gpx Open full screen  NB: Walkhighlands is not responsible for the accuracy of gpx files in users posts

Last edited by Benaden887 on Wed May 18, 2016 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Benaden887
Stravaiging

Munros:282   Corbetts:222
Fionas:153   Donalds:89
Sub 2000:7   Hewitts:46
Wainwrights:39   
Walk wish-list

Re: 3 days in Mull

Postby Andymac75 » Mon May 16, 2016 9:32 pm

God only knows why I haven't been up Ben Buie.
Must do it this summer.
Andymac75

Register or Login
free to be able to rate and comment on reports (as well as access 1:25000 mapping).

Can you help support Walkhighlands?

Our forum is free from adverts - your generosity keeps it running.
Can you help support Walkhighlands and this community by donating by direct debit?

Return to Walk reports - Scotland